Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Proverbs

Next Campaign? 1980's Cold War Crisis?

9 posts in this topic

We're thinking about doing Isla Duala as our next campaign with 1980's style. West vs East.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/259339376697045880/A300512FA32120C1579CCC12B9AE8F36B2D3471E/

U.S. vs Russia.

Plan to have some kind of Carrier Crew of 2-4 people(flight deck, logistics, etc.)

Plan to have a destroyer(using anzac from cup) with maybe 3 people crewing it.

Plan to have a Logistical Rotary Wing group of 4 pilots.

Plan to have a Fixed Air Wing for most missions with 6-8 pilots.

Plan to have a Marine Company of about 40-50 marines with some playing as MARSOC/Seals when prompt.

Thoughts?

I'm really into the ww2 here I was hoping you would stick with that for a while. Most groups that do ww2 stuff are passworded and require enlistment.

I think you could sustain good numbers moving forward if you keep regular missions going 

7 hours ago, ValHallas said:

I'm really into the ww2 here I was hoping you would stick with that for a while. Most groups that do ww2 stuff are passworded and require enlistment.

I think you could sustain good numbers moving forward if you keep regular missions going 

We go based on campaigns. We started ours on june 4th, we'll probably end in August. That's quite a bit of time. We change things up to keep it fresh and new. For example, Altis, we played vanilla, Tanoa, we played RHS, Australia, we played modern day PMC's. Style changes based on availability as well.

Our campaigns have different setting and storylines as well. So it's a nice change of pace, maybe we'll continue it, maybe we'll return to it, maybe we'll extend from it. But we have to kind of decide where to stop and where to continue.

hmmmm 80's style combat shouldnt be too many lazer night scopes 1000 meter headshots and other modern gadgets, could be fun.

"Cold War gone Hot" happens to be a scenario that intrigues me, just 35 years earlier. Just like the ww2 generals advocated for; after ger/jap surrendered they said might as well battle Russia now and get it over with. Ive never been fan of super late war nazi "Vunder Veapons" vs USA scenarios either.

Equipment wise it would be easy, all the late war stuff would just carry over and it would be independent vs. opfor easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Which leads me into a Korea War theatre, same opfor gear but maybe a combination of  IJA skins from Faces of War and Iron Front opfor gear.  Probably dont want to get too crazy with required mods but Sabre 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/770526534691720149/D5BB28AB7D28F084061EE8232EB5C780A1AE0BB6/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|637:358&composite-to%3D*%2C*|637%3A358&background-color=black 

has the F-9 Panther and T-28 (Time period appropriate) for CAS. I cant seem to find any f86 vs mig 15/19 sadly. Im a big believer in placeholders  for the sake of trying to get at least something playable in an era. Little Birds could fill in for bell 47's of a M.A.S.H. hospital camp for medics to medevac in and out of.  I think we may be stuck with the upgunned shermans that came with a iron front update a while ago against T-55's(?)

Plus m-14's for everyone and the fully automatic m-2 carbine!

Well its probably gonna be up for vote but my guess is our WW2 server will remain up but our focus will switch from WW2 to something else, 6-8 weeks time.

If i may suggest a map, Taunus is very detailed and quite large. Would probably suit this type of campaign quite well.