Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Proverbs

Planetside - Week 1 Discussion

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, welcome to the first discussion of the Planetoide 2 game. I'll try and gather everything here that is viable to send to the devs.

My first issues I noticed and my biggest gripes. Continent locking.

Why I think the current Continent Locking System is bad.

1. People cannot get into a continent despite having room. They have to wait at VR at certain times of the day. This is so stupid. Only 5,000-10,000 players roughly and we're still hitting que times. They need to remove this and bring in another solution to imbalanced populations.
  2. Removes any fights currently being fought.
  3. The system doesn't have a big "final moment" to lock a continent like Planetside 1 did. Mostly 1 remaining capture was the final population shift. As for Planestide 2, rarely do we get a final "if we don't defend this base, we lose our foothold here." there is no indication of kicking a faction out. It shouldn't ALWAYS be a 3 way fight.
  4. Reintroduce Base Lock cap timers. Why this was removed is beyond me. After a base is captured, there is a time period it cannot be captured. This will force players into playing a bit more strategically on the map game and help continent lock.
  5. One of the issues is it's always a 3 way fight on each continent. This shouldn't always be the case! It should change depending on warp gate lattice and connections. There is enough places here that they can most definitely start latticing continents.

I will post what I think are improvements to continent locking. I'll also continue to post more feedback.

Continent locking in it's current form is so bad that I would rather not have it at all.  You could be at a great fight with all your guys and suddenly out of no where one of the factions hits BINGO on the continent locking sheet and everyone is forces out and you have to wait like 10-20 minutes for new fights to generate if people didn't log off when the continent locked.  Not to mention the UI for VPs is godawful. AhTNfnV.png

Getting locked out and stuffed into VR sucks which is why if you don't have membership your kind of screwed. Membership is a must if you want to play TR or NC, it's probably no a problem with VS since they are the underpopulated faction on Emerald.