Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IrishInsanity

VG discord server!

2 posts in this topic

We have a discord server for instant messaging. Think of it like an improved shout box but on mobile and desktop. 

teamspeak 3 is and still will be our voip

Personally the best use of this I'm looking forward to is not as a chatting service, but as a notification system. Since you can change settings based on channel I can let it send me mobile notifications when something is putting in the announcement channel, or someone uses the @Sovereign system, or for example if Proverbs is going to run a wasteland session he can drop a quick @everyone message in the Arma channel. you can also mute any channels you're not interested in (Planetside channel lol RIP).

But largely I plan to have @everyone notifications enabled to send mobile notifications in channels like Arma for impromptu play sessions, and announcements just because I would assume those will be important. I think it has a lot of potential as a notification system to that extent, if nothing else. Also serves as a pretty alright chat system for what that's worth. With that said if people are abusing @everyone tags I will nuke the fuck out of your tagging permissions. Also I will nuke any voip channels created to avoid the creation of annoying fractures between Teamspeak and discord until the point that there is an executive decision to move away from teamspeak to something else.